If best fit, comfort and wireless is what you need for your workouts then check out our line-up of sport headphones. Perfect for music on the move especially for health and fitness fanatics plus, its sweat and water resistant.
Whether you are jogging, exercising at the gym or running, these sport headphones will do the job and does it well. The in-ear design with snug fit ensures that the earbuds do not get in the way so you are free to move whatever the activity. Silicone ear piece or ear hooks are used to secure the headphones in place with a small wire linking the left and right ear piece.
Top 5 Best Sports Headphones – What to look for
When choosing the right headphones for sport, a few things to look out for. As they are to stay securely in-ear, these need to feel comfortable too so check out what others have to say about the comfort level and practical aspects of the headphones.
Next, as you will be getting the ear phones wet, especially when running or jogging, from sweat or the weather, you need to know that you can quickly rinse these off when you get back and that it stays working. Sports headphones are designed to be splash and weather resistant.
Wireless headphones with cable link between the right and left earpiece offers the best level of freedom. Over the neck type bands are prone to bounce or shift with rigorous exercises. Totally wireless earbuds may just be what you need but these are often secured only by the ear buds and can fall off.
Finally, the chosen sport earphones has to sound good too so try them out for yourselves. Sony offers Extra Bass models for those who like heavy bass. Others have a better overall acoustic treatment with more focus on clarity.
Here is a quick look at the line-up
- Bose SoundSport Wireless in-ear headphones – SWEAT & WEATHER RESISTANT
- Sony Active MDR-XB80BS Wireless in-ear headphones – WASHABLE IPX5 (SPLASH & WEATHER RESISTANT)
- Beats Powerbeats 3 Wireless in-ear headphones – SWEAT & WATER RESISTANCE
- Sony MDR XB50BS Wireless in-ear headphones – SPLASH PROOF IPX4
- Sony MDR-AS600BT Sport Bluetooth in-ear Headphones – SPLASH PROOF IPX4
- JBL Reflect Mini Bluetooth Headphones – WATER RESISTANT
- Jabra Sport Pace Wireless in-ear headphones – WATER & DUST RESISTANT IP54
- Jaybird Freedom F5 Wireless in-ear headphones – SWEAT PROOF
BONUS: B&O Beoplay H5 Wireless in-ear headphones – SPLASH & DUST RESISTANT
1. Bose SoundSport Wireless in-ear headphones – SWEAT & WEATHER RESISTANT
- The earbuds are sweat and weather resistant
- StayHear+ Sport tips keeps it in place
- Bluetooth and NFC connectivity
- 6 hours of battery life
Great design for sports, great sound from Bose as usual, battery life could be better
2. Sony Active MDR-XB80BS Wireless in-ear headphones – WASHABLE IPX5 (SPLASH & WEATHER RESISTANT)
- Extra Bass technolgy for thumping rhythms great for keeping you motivated with all sports in ultra durable washable design
- Ear hooks and cable adjuster keep headphones securely in place
- Bluetooth, LDAC for Hi-fidelity wireless streaming and NFC connectivity
- 7 hours of battery life with quick charge – GOOD BATTERY LIFE
- built-in microphone for hands-free calls
3. Beats Powerbeats 3 Wireless in-ear headphones – SWEAT & WATER RESISTANCE, BEST BATTERY LIFE
- Sweat and waterresistance to handle tough training with trusted durability with secure-fit ear hooks for maximum comfort and stability.
- Dual-driver acoustics deliver dynamic sound
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- 12 hours battery life with quick charge, 5-minutes charge for 1 hour of playback when battery is low – BETTER BATTERY LIFE
Great for workouts or a run, these palm-size headphones offer amazing sound quality, plenty of bass as you would expect from Beats all in sweat and water resistant design.
4. Sony MDR XB50BS Wireless in-ear headphones – SPLASH PROOF IPX4
- Wrap-around headband wired link with in-line remote for free movement and control, splash proof design ready for rain or sweat
- Extra Bass sound for rocking that favourite playlist
- Bluetooth wireless connectivity and NFC one-touch pairing
- 8.5 hours playtime plenty of battery life to get you through the day – GOOD BATTERY LIFE
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- Available in Red, Blue and Black
Sony’s splash-proof Bluetooth in-ear headphone with IPX4 rating, the MDR-XB50BS has an amazing 8.5 hours play time between charge. It also comes with Sony’s well known Extra Bass technology with emphasis on the low frequency range, making your music sound more powerful, offering plenty of motivation at the gym or for your run.
5. Sony MDR-AS600BT Sport Bluetooth In-ear Headphones – SPLASHPROOF IPX4
- Stream music wirelessly with Bluetooth & NFC technology
- Splash-proof IPX4 rated design prevents sweat from leaking in, Hybrid silicone earbuds and Arc supporters provide a secure fit
- Sleek, one-button design for simple operation, Built-in microphone for hands-free phone calling,
- Rechargeable battery for up to 8.5 hours music playback, USB charging cable supplied, Available in Black and Orange – GOOD BATTERY LIFE
The MDR-AS600BT are secure, comfortable and water-resistant, making them perfectly suitable for most sports. It weights only 21grams and together with its ergonomically crafted arc support and earbuds, it will stay in place no matter how hard you work out.
JBL Reflect Mini Bluetooth Headphones – WATER RESISTANT, IPX4
- Lightweight design – as the lightest jbl Bluetooth Sport earphone, the reflect Mini BT provides long lasting comfort during a variety of athletic activities
- Built-in microphone – easily answer calls with crystal clear sound and remarkable convenience
- Sweat proof – confidently ramp up your workouts to maximum levels knowing that the reflect Mini BT are not only IPX4 water resistant but can be easily cleaned
- Ergonomic ear-tips – designed to stay securely in place during rigorous exercise. Highly reflective cable designed for ultimate visibility at night
- Bluetooth wireless – designed for freedom during exercise
- Around 8 hours battery life on a single charge – GOOD BATTERY LIFE
Jabra Sport Pace Wireless in-ear headphones – WATER & DUST RESISTANT IP54
- Built towards US Military standards for rain, sweat, shock and dust resistance with IP54 rating. Secure and comfortable fit with behind the ear wearing and multiple sized ear gel tips
- Integrated training via Sport Life App to provide in-ear readouts during workouts: pace, time, distance, calories burned. Also works with most popular 3rd party sports applications.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- 5 hours battery life with rapid charge function, top up in 15 minutes
Jaybird Freedom F5 Wireless in-ear headphones – SWEAT PROOF
- Patented secure-fit with enhanced comfort ear fins
- Patented micro-sized premium metal buds
- 8 hours play time (4 hrs on-board + 4 hrs with included charging clip) – GOOD BATTERY LIFE
- My sound app (customize your sound settings & save them to your buds)
- Wireless music & calls with complete remote controls
BONUS: B&O Beoplay H5 Wireless in-ear headphones – SPLASH & DUST RESISTANT
- Splash and dust resistant with its housing crafted out of textured rubber and polymer. It is designed to resist sweat and moisture as well as wear and tear. The cord is encased in braided textile for durability and comfort. Extra ear tips with SweatGuard in different sizes (S, M, L) and silicone ear tips (XS, S, M, L)
- Magnetic catch between the earpieces allowing them to click together for wearing around the neck and not have to worry about losing them. When clicked together, it also powers down the earphones saving battery.
- Bluetooth with aptX and AAC codecs. Interacts with Beoplay App for enhanced B&O Play experience with ToneTouch interface to customise your listening profile.
- Take calls and use voice activation with on board omnidirectional microphone.
- 5 hours battery life, charge with magnetic cubic charger.
- Cable clip and carrying pouch included. Available in three colours black, moss green and dusty rose.
Easily the smallest and most portable headphones in our list, but being small meant something has to give and its the battery life in this case. Still with its magnetic charger and catches to click them together around your neck when not in use, and that all important B&O signature sound, you can quickly overlook its shortcoming.